TOP TIPS FOR LORD'S
To ensure you have the best day possible at CWC19, check out our spectator info.
- Gates open 2 hours before the start of the match. Arrive early and make the most of the activities around the venue.
- Some items are not allowed to be brought in to the venue, please find more info below
- Download the CWC19 app for match day information
- If you need assistance on a match day please speak to a friendly steward or World Cup Cricketeer, they will be more than happy to help
- Don’t miss out on everything else the city has to offer.
- For more information visit www.visitlondon.com
- Share your day using #CWC19London or #CWC19Lords
SPECTATOR VENUE GUIDE
To download the Spectator Venue Guide for Lord’s, click here. This can be used on your phone/tablet or printed for use before and during your match day.
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
- No items which could be used as a weapon including, but not limited to, firearms, knives, flammable items.
- No pyrotechnic devices including fireworks, explosives, smoke bombs, flares, laser pointers or similar items.
- Large Flags (and those with sticks that protrude more than a hand’s breadth below the flag)
- No professional cameras and video cameras or any photographic equipment, including tripods, used for commercial purpose.
- No noise producing devices including air horns, portable speakers, PA systems, megaphones or similar items used for amplification or broadcast.
- No animals except for service animals.
- No promotional, commercial, political, religious or items deemed offensive of whatever nature, including but not limited to clothing, banners, placards, leaflet, signs or other materials used for ambush marketing or other similar unauthorised promotional purposes.
- Items likely to obscure view or impact Spectator experience such as large (golf) umbrellas or oversized hats.
- Any other items listed as prohibited items on the applicable venue regulations.
To find out more about the accessible facilities and services at Lord's, click here to download the Access Guide.
FOOD AND DRINK
A variety of food and drink will be available to purchase at the venue including vegetarian, vegan and halal options.
Lord's is an inaugural member of BASIS (the British Association for Sustainable Sport) and has been working for many years to minimise the grounds greenhouse gas emissions. Lord's switched to 100% renewable electricity in October 2016, then switched to 100% wind power a year later. This switch has reduced the annual carbon footprint from utilities by 80%.
In 2018 Lord's reduced single use plastics by 1.5 million pieces by introducing a washable, reusable cup, removing straws, selling water in aluminium cans and soft drinks from bulk dispensers into reusable cups and removing plastic bags from all shops.
Spectators are encouraged to refill their water bottles from one of the four water fountains or twenty-five bottle refill points located around the ground.
Lord's has a comprehensive recycling scheme with three different waste streams where glass, clear plastics & metals and general waste are separated. Further, unused edible food is given to City Harvest who redistributes it to charities and worthy cases around London.
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 has a full, dedicated security team working on plans for a safe and secure tournament for all participants and spectators.
We are working with police in all our host cites and the national security services to ensure the security provided at the tournament is of the highest order, while existing security staff at all CWC19 host venues are receiving additional training in the build-up to the tournament.
There will be enhanced security plans at all our host venues with visible security measures taking place, as well as other non-visible measures happening throughout the tournament, inside and outside the stadium.