TOP TIPS FOR THE OVAL
To ensure you have the best day possible at CWC19, check out our spectator info.
- Gates open 2 hours before the start of the match. Arrive early and make the most of the activities around the venue.
- Some items are not allowed to be brought in to the venue, please find more information below
- Download the CWC19 app for match day information
- If you need assistance on a match day please speak to a friendly steward or World Cup Cricketeer, they will be more than happy to help.
- Don’t miss out on everything else the city has to offer. For more information visit www.visitlondon.com
- Share your day using #CWC19London or #CWC19Oval
To download the Spectator Venue Guide for The Oval, click here. This can be used on your phone/tablet or printed for use before and during your match day.
PROHIBITED AND RESTRICTED ITEMS
- No items which could be used as a weapon including, but not limited to, firearms, knives, flammable items.
- No pyrotechnic devices including fireworks, explosives, smoke bombs, flares, laser pointers or similar items.
- Large Flags (and those with sticks that protrude more than a hand’s breadth below the flag)
- Alcohol, glass or cans
- No professional cameras and video cameras or any photographic equipment, including tripods, used for commercial purpose.
- No noise producing devices including air horns, portable speakers, PA systems, megaphones or similar items used for amplification or broadcast.
- No animals except for service animals.
- No promotional, commercial, political, religious or items deemed offensive of whatever nature, including but not limited to clothing, banners, placards, leaflet, signs or other materials used for ambush marketing or other similar unauthorised promotional purposes.
- Any other items listed as prohibited items on the applicable venue regulations.
- Items likely to obscure view or impact Spectator experience such as large (golf) umbrellas or oversized hats.
Small amounts of food and non-alcoholic drinks for personal consumption can be brought into the venue if in clear, unopened packets, containers or plastic bottles. Empty water bottles are also permitted.
To find out more about the accessible facilities and services at The Oval, click here to download the Access Guide.
FOOD AND DRINK
A variety of food and drink will be available to purchase at the venue including vegetarian, vegan and halal options.
The Oval is entirely powered by renewable energy and has set a target to become single use plastic free by 2020. The ground has eliminated plastic straws, introduced compostable coffee cups and are in the process of withdrawing plastic bags from all club shops.
Spectators are encouraged to avoid bringing single-use plastic bottles into the ground and to use one of the 14 water fountains on site.
Oval have a comprehensive recycling scheme with two different waste streams, mixed recycling and general waste. The two streams then go into two different compactors before being taken off site.
The ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 has a full, dedicated security team working on plans for a safe and secure tournament for all participants and spectators.
We are working with police in all our host cites and the national security services to ensure the security provided at the tournament is of the highest order, while existing security staff at all CWC19 host venues are receiving additional training in the build-up to the tournament.
There will be enhanced security plans at all our host venues with visible security measures taking place, as well as other non-visible measures happening throughout the tournament, inside and outside the stadium.